RR Extra 330SC # 26 4274 Limited Edition
EXTRA 330SC designed by Gernot Bruckmann
This MULTIPLEX aerobatic model is the ultimate 3D freestyle machine for the experienced pilot.
The RR version is supplied completely factory-assembled.
All you have to do is install your own receiver, charge your own flight battery (3S- 2600mAh LiPo), plug in the wings and tailplane, and the Extra 330 SC is already ready for the air.
Feel just like World Champion Gernot Bruckmann flying the reduced-size ELAPOR® version of his successful aerobatic machine!
When one of the world's finest RC pilots sits down at a table with one of the world's best full-size aircraft manufacturers and the MULTIPLEX development team to develop a new aerobatic model, the result is bound to be impressive: the new MULTIPLEX Extra 330SC.
The model was developed in collaboration with Gernot Bruckmann, Extra Aircraft and Mirco Pecorari (Aircraft Studio Design) to be a top-class product, unrivalled in its detail features and carefully considered design.
The MULTIPLEX Extra 330 SC ranks as an all-out unlimited 3D freestyle monster, and knows no limits once in the air. The Extra's ultra-strong airframe sets new standards in the 1.2 m class.
Every imaginable aerobatic manoeuvre is possible with this model. The long tail moment ensures that the aircraft can be flown with great accuracy, which means that "pattern style" (precision) aereobatics are also well within its scope.
For a model with a wingspan of just 1.15 m the Extra 330 SC has great presence, and is a "must have" for all fans of aerobatics.
The powerful motor is designed for ultimate 3-D manoeuvres.
The list of this model's features is extensive:
• Designed by Gernot Bruckmann
• Licensed by Extra Aircraft
• Original GBM colour scheme with genuine Extra Aircraft logos, designed by Mirco Pecorari
• Extremely stiff two-part wing based on CFRP tube spars and CFRP joiner consisting of wound material
• M-Frame technology for an exceptionally rigid fuselage, with intelligent battery retainer system
• Detachable fin and tailplane
• Large, detachable canopy with tinted cockpit screen
• Detailed instrument panel and elegant dummy pilot
• Moulded, laminated CFRP main undercarriage unit
• Plastic spinner and wheel spats
• High-power brushless motor for 3S battery, with 55A S-BEC speed controller
• Four Hitec HS-82MG servos ensure accurate control response
Wingspan: 1150 mm
Length: 1200 mm
Weight: 1350 g
RC-Functions: Elevator, Rudder, Aileron, Motor
LiPo Battery: 3 S LiPo 2600 mAh recommended (not included)
Read the write up in the Multiplex Newsletter:
"Dear MULTIPLEX fans,
It was late August, in brilliant sunshine, when MULTIPLEX invited the world’s modelling press to the flying site of the LSV Bruchsal model club to enjoy a demonstration of an important new product. Well before the event there was considerable speculation about what this traditional German model company had up its sleeve. As soon as it became known that the record-breaking World Champion Gernot Bruckmann was present, together with renowned designer Mirco Pecorari of Aircraftstudiodesign, it was obvious that this was to be no ordinary ELAPOR model.
Managing Director Dieter Wörner welcomed the select band of guests before unveiling the secret: the result of a collaboration between one of the world’s finest RC pilots, one of the world’s best full-size aerobatic aircraft manufacturers (EXTRA Aircraft), and the MULTIPLEX development team. The result was an outstanding new aerobatic model, about which you can read lots more in the September issue of the MULTIPLEX newsletter.
EXTRA 330 SC designed by Gernot Bruckmann
The idea behind this model was to give any and every model pilot the opportunity to fly a Gernot Bruckmann EXTRA 330 SC. After the initial presentation we moved directly to the flight-line, where Gernot demonstrated his freestyle schedule flying his 3.10 m wingspan EXTRA 330 SC, which is famed all over the world from its many appearances in open displays and competitions. Torque rolls, knife-edge spins, inverted harriers: the whole deal.
This was an impressive benchmark, and many must have wondered whether an ELAPOR model spanning just 1.15 m would be able to hold its head up in such company. Swiftly the ROXXY® battery was placed in the foam model, and away we went: Gernot took control of the reduced-scale ELAPOR® version of his successful aerobatic machine, lifted off smoothly, and within just a few seconds in the air dispelled any lingering traces of doubt amongst the onlookers. The model was hardly in the air before Gernot placed it in a flat spin, and after that there was no stopping him: it was clear that every imaginable aerobatic manoeuvre was possible with this model. However, the long tail moment also endows the aircraft with very precise handling, enabling it to fly ‘pattern style’ (standard aerobatic schedule) without problem. No matter how violent Gernot’s manoeuvres, the ELAPOR® EXTRA 330 SC showed no signs of distortion or flexing. The G-rate sensor installed in the model showed a peak of 14G, and the roll rate was extremely high.
If there was ever any doubt that MULTIPLEX staff love their handiwork, that vanished when suddenly five ELAPOR® EXTRAs were in the air at once. The whole thing was reminiscent of the legendary Dogfighter mass-launches which have now become a traditional feature of the MULTIPLEX Airshow, which takes place every two years. There’s no doubt about it: flying this EXTRA 330 SC is just endless fun!
Mirco Pecorari, Extra Aircraft’s graphic designer, developed the colour scheme especially for the RR ELAPOR® version: “I am very proud to have had the opportunity to collaborate with MULTIPLEX and Gernot Bruckmann on this model. It really feels like we’re all part of a close family. The ELAPOR® EXTRA 330 SC offers a breathtaking 3D performance, and the colour scheme looks really great in the sky.”
Neither could Gernot Bruckmann hide his delight: “The MULTIPLEX EXTRA 330 SC represents the pinnacle of what is currently possible from an all-foam machine in terms of aerobatic performance. Although the model is much smaller than my contest machine, it is fully 3D-capable, and is actually comparable with the large model. When you consider that this is a foam model, it’s simply incredible. It is really rigid, and there is hardly a trace of distortion or flex in the airframe! A further advantage is that the risk you take flying a 1.15 m span model is so much lower, and any repairs are much easier to fix if you should manage to damage it.”
In the EXTRA 330 SC, designed by Gernot Bruckmann, MULTIPLEX have produced an aerobatic plane which reflects the very best of what is currently possible using ELAPOR® technology. Look more closely, and the model exhibits the love for detail typical of MULTIPLEX models. It incorporates a series of ingenious and innovatory features; for example, wound carbon spars make the lightweight EXTRA 330 SC incomparably rigid. Aerobatic models need plenty of power, and this is delivered by a potent brushless motor designed for 3S batteries, in conjunction with a 55 A S-BEC speed controller. The Hitec HS-82MG servos installed as standard in the RR version guarantee razor-sharp control response. Now - thanks to MULTIPLEX - anyone can fulfil his dream of flying like a World Champion, as our “little” EXTRA is in no way inferior to the full-size machine.
The EXTRA 330 SC designed by Gernot Bruckmann is available in two variants:
KIT (orange decal sheet) / RR (GBM colour scheme - Limited edition)"
Volt Tower 400W Charger
2 x 200W Output Professional AC/DC Balancing Charger/Discharger
- AC input voltage: 110-240V
- DC input voltage: 11-18V
- Charge power: 200W x 2
- Discharge power: 25W x 2
- Charge current range: 0.1-10A x 2
- Discharge current range: 0.1-5A x 2
- Current drain for balancing: 500mA/cell
- LiIon/LiPo/LiFe/LiHV cell count:1-6 cells x 2
- NiCad/NiMH battery cell count: 1-6 cells x2
- Pb battery voltage: 2-20V x 2
Includes two balance boards, AC lead, DC lead, Balance lead, spade lead.
Please note: Specifictions and contetes are subject ot change or improvement without prior notice.
(SEA216) WESTLAND LYSANDER 1/5 SCALE FOR 50CC ENGINES (3000mm WINGSPAN)
Wingspan ………… 118 in …… 299.7cm.
Wing area ……….. 1471sq.in … 94.9sq.dm
Approximate flying weight … 22lbs … 10kg.
Length ……..70.4 in …… 178.8cm.
Recommended motor size … 50cc.
ELECTRIC CONVERSION: OPTINAL.
Radio system required 6 channels with 8 servos.
Flying skill level intermediate/advanced.
KEY FEATURES OF THE WESTLAND LYSANDER
* High quality balsa and balsa plywood, these make light weight construction.
* Eye Catching Scale Colour Scheme.
* Covered in Genuine Oracover Film Covering with matte finish. It makes airplane real scale.
* Factory Painted Fibreglass Engine Cowl and wheel pants.
* Detailled Cockpit with Light Weight Painted Pilot figure adds sporty, scale detail.
* Allows easy access to radio components and to the flight battery for those choosing an electric Power option.
* The aluminum landing gear reinforcement.
* Superb flying characteristics, plus an accurate scale outline
* Two-piece, plug-in wings simplify transportation and assembly
* All necessary hardware included for either glow or electric power system
The Master Edition is a special release of MULTIPLEX's premium console transmitter, the PROFI TX 16 with new software.
Of course it is Made in Germany.
The Luxurious Features of the set:
The transmitter with extravagant carbon look and new and pioneering software, the 16-channel receiver, including 35 A battery switch and WINGSTABI technology in anodized aircraft aluminium housing.
The software of the Master Edition is faster and better than any predecessor and requires less than 2ms for all calculations!
12 Flight phases 11 Encoder with selectable functionality, teacher / student mode with individual switches, neutral compensation, mixing function 9Punkt curves for mixing parts, power curves either via 2-3-5-9 points, new templates MultiCopter and WINGSTABI and much more (see below).
The PROFI TX transmitter has a wide range, flexible adjustment for all model types such as Gliders, power models, jets, helicopters, Multicopter, vehicles and boats.
• Attractive, optimized panel design transmitter
• carrying handle integrated (optional hand rests available)
• High quality finish with extravagant Carbon-optic - and pleasant soft-touch surface
IOAT (Integrated Optimized Antenna Technology)
Fully integrated transmitter antenna with application-optimized radiation for more safety and comfort. No crashing, subject to wear and be aligned in operating projecting antennas.
Proven M-LINK transmission technology: safe, accurate, fast
• Transmission technology: 2.4 GHz FHSS
• Resolution: 3872 steps
• Transmission rate: 21 ms (up to 16 channels)
• All-digital signal processing for minimum latency and maximum. control precision
• 16 equivalent and -Fast, fully proportional channels
Telemetry / Feedback channel capability
• Display the values of up to 16 sensors with Min./Max.
• Sensor values assignable with their own name for best viewing (for example, ( "residual charge battery" "AC motor", "voltage ECU", "Temp.cylinder")
• Adjustable sink rate for Variometer
• Tone or Vibrate at pre set values
• ECU status message in text form
• Lighted warning bar
Contemporary LiFePO4 transmitter battery
• Operating time:> 24 h
• On-board charger in the transmitter with the most modern, intelligent battery management Indication of the running time, capacity, charge cycles, current, battery alarm set for the remaining air time)
• Charging via mini-USB port
• High quality
• 100% quality control
• Innovative and modern Flex PCB system for minimal wiring effort and little connectors for minimized risk and long life
• Rain cover for motherboard by silicone mat in the keyboard and other Actuators and sealed LCD
Perfect ergonomics individually adaptable
• Rotating characterized ergonomically adjustable double ball bearing high precision sticks (free, easiest mode switch, latch or friction selectable, joystick restoring force adjustable)
• optimally achievable, laterally arranged slide (proportional control)
• 2 slide in the middle (proportional control with a large way for sensitive operation) and "mechanical memory"
• Digital trims with activity more favourable arrangement
• free installation of switches, buttons, rotary encoders, above and sideways possible
• stick tops with either switches or buttons optional
Large 5.8 "LCD monitor
• large, foldable and look favourably disposed front
• very good contrast and excellent readability in all daylight conditions
• Low power consumption for max. Transmitter uptime
• UV-resistant and anti-reflective
Sound and Vibration
• Programmable speech in three languages (D, F, S) with 500 different Words, figures and full sentences
• High-quality built-in speakers incorporated
• Jack for optional earphone # 8 5071
• High sound quality as for precise reproduction of tones Vario
• Vibrating alert for telemetry alarms
• Operation via keyboard (menu Direct access) and central 3D Rad
• Self-explanatory and clear text menus guide
• Menu languages: DE, EN, FR
• Predefined, customizable any model templates for fast and easy programming of new models (for example, Basic, Multi-rotor, 4 Flap sailors, delta / flying wing, helicopter mechanic, helicopter CCPM, electric helicopter with Governor mode, Heli Flybarless, Multicopter, vehicles, ships)
• Completely free servo channel assignment
• Completely free transmitter controls and switches Assignment
• Flexible mixer structure for complex mixing requirements for surface models (7 different, as often assignable Servo mixers per model with 8 switchable units per mixer, 12 options, curve mixers up to 9-point curve)
• 12 flight phases, sorted into 3 groups of 4 phases.
• New flight phase name: START3, SPEED3, THERMIK3
• Teacher / student mode with individual switches, neutral compensation, mixing function
• 11 Encoder with selectable functionality:
• Suspension sequencer
• Door Sequencer
• Sequencer for motor
• Multi-position switch (1 to 2 switch => 2 to 9 positions)
• 9-point curve
• Aileron / elevator / page as a virtual switch, with adjustable switching points.
• Toggle function for all mechanical switches and buttons.
• Clock and timer are always announced via freely assignable switch.
• About Magic Switch, any sensors are used as switches.
• A new sensor class with the unit 'g', for load factor, was introduced.
• Advanced Sensor announcements.
• transverse, height, page: signals without trim (-T) now also run on Expo, D / R and path.
• For aerobatics can be switched to a particularly steep, "extreme" Expo curve.
• Gas / Pitch: 9P curves
• Gas emergency stop with extended functionality
• Slow and delay times were doubled to 12sec
• 9Pkt curves for mixing proportions
• Copilot channels, directly and with all Mix options and mixers
• Power curves optionally via points 2-3-5-9
• Copilot channels servo-sided directly attributable
• New Template MultiCopter
• New Template WINGSTABI
• New "Safety Check", with extended functionality
• Suppression of sensor alarms for 5 seconds after turning on the receiver
• 2 Magic switches for configuring Door sequencer and others.
• Firmware upgradeable, future-proof
• model operating time counter for each model memory
• model operating time counter for each model memory
• snack Alarm /
• transmitter battery and PC interface at the same time, required mini USB cable included
• PC interface PROFI TX reports itself as mass storage with folders for firmware update and Model data, thus operating system independent (Windows, Mac, ... compatible)
• Direct model data transmission from transmitter to transmitter via USB in preparation
• Quick Start (pre-programmed models of MPX program)
• Simulator Mode (transmitter logs directly as game controllers)
(Data is stored in the PROFI TX and a USB cable to PC, MAC or Tablet presented updates on MPX Launcher)
What's in the box
• Sender PROFI TX 16 with 16 channels and 200 model memories, equipped with 4 switches and 2 Digi-adjusters, LiFePO4 transmitter battery 4000 mAh
• WINGSTABI RX-16-DR pro M-LINK Included
• Battery switch 35 A,
• 1 USB cable
• 1 USB charging cable
• Instruction manual
11th November 2016
7th June 2016
5th November 2015
5th November 2015
12th October 2015
6th October 2015
17th July 2015