Pilots loyal to outstanding O.S. performance but eager to fly electric now have the ideal option — powering electric airplanes using new O.S. brushless motors!
Designed by O.S. engineers to be the "gold standard" in electric power, these motors offer the same legendary quality and reliability that have O.S. glow engines famous worldwide for 75 years.
Only O.S. brushless motors offer a ventilation system that increases efficiency and allows the motors to generate additional power. Key to this system is a unique centrifugal fan design. The fan draws air through specially angled ventilation holes, across the windings and over the magnets for greatly improved cooling.
Other performance features of O.S. brushless motors include:
- A thick can design that resists distortion
- High-quality bearings
- Rigid and secure rear mounting design
- Shortened motor length for easy installation in short cowls
- A stainless steel prop shaft
- Supplied backplate, prop shaft, and gold-plated female plugs
With these brushless motors, O.S. reaffirms its standing as R/C's most innovative and respected resource for all model power needs. In the future look for more sizes and choices for car, helicopter and ducted fan modelers!
The perfect complement to O.S. brushless motors!
- Cooler running — the latest generation FET
- Automatic battery cell number recognition
- Start protection — prevents accidental starting of the motor
- Low-voltage cutoff — stops the motor before voltage levels reach the point where control is lost and cell damage can occur
- No-signal cutoff — switches the ESC off when signal from the transmitter is not received
- Overheat protection — restricts output when temperatures reach high levels
- Anti-spark function — reduces sparks that can occur when connecting the battery
- BEC output — power to the receiver is supplied from the ESC (OCA-150)
- Opto-isolation — prevents motor feedback from reaching the receiver and causing glitches (OCA-170HV and OCA-1100HV)OSMM1100
OCA-1100HV 100A Brushless ESC
Weight: 4.37 oz (124 g)
Load Current (Peak): 100A (150A/5 seconds)
Cell Number: 14-36 NiCd/NiMH; 4-12 LiPo
PWM Frequency: 32kHz
Recommended O.S. Brushless Motors: OMA3825-750/OMA5025-375
- Pocket size programmer for use with the SJ-Hawk range of brushless speed controllers.
- Programming for:
- Battery type
- Direction of rotation
- Brake on/off (aircraft)
- Governor on/off (heli)
- Reverse on/off (car & boat)
- Model type (heli/air)
- Model type (car/boat)
Castle’s Sidewinder ESC, the leading 1/10th scale sport brushless ESC, is now waterproof. The new Sidewinder 3 can power crawlers on water filled trails, SCTs through rain soaked parking lots, and AWDs on rips across muddy fields. Drivers can follow their irresistible urges to drive in the mud or stomp their truck in puddles without damaging their controller.
Designed for 1/10th
The Sidewinder 3 is a great fit for 1/10th off-road, on-road, and rock crawlers running up to 3S LiPo. It sports updated circuitry for faster response time and improved reliability. As always, the Sidewinder 3 offers industry-leading software functions and USB programming capability via Castle Link USB adapter (sold separately).
Although Sidewinder 3 and Castle brushless motors are waterproof, always rinse the ESC and motor with fresh water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servo, radio and chassis, are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
|Sidewinder 3 ESC Specs|
|Input voltage||MIN: 2s LiPo; MAX: 3s LiPo|
|Operating environment||Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.|
|Reversible||Yes - with lockout|
|Size|| L: 1.93" (49mm) |
W: 1.48" 38mm)
H: 0.79" (20mm)
|Weight (with 127mm long battery wires and no battery connector)|| 1.96 oz |
*Not intended for operation while submerged in liquid. If unit is operated in wet conditions, rinse with fresh water to remove dirt or corrosives, then fully dry unit.