1:5 Scale Power to the Extreme.
Mamba XL X is a new high-performance controller for 1:5th scale RC hobby vehicles weighing up to 30 lbs. Paired with the 2028-800kv Extreme motor, this duo becomes the perfect combination for large-scale, ultra-high-performance RC vehicles. Have you ever seen a 1:5th scale Baja doing 70 mph? If you’ve got the traction, this Castle combination can get you there. The features of this recently revamped ESC will prove this supercharged combo will provide all of the brains and brawn needed to OVERPOWER 1:5th scale car and gas to electric conversions.
NEW HIGH POWER BEC
A robust, user adjustable, internal 20A peak BEC will provide plenty of juice for applications with powerful servos and electrical components that run off the ESC.
AUXILIARY WIRE FUNCTIONALITY ON-THE-FLY ADJUSTMENTS
When the Castle Phoenix Edge line was introduced for heli and plane applications, we announced the addition of the user programmable auxiliary wire. Our surface enthusiasts will now have a taste of the simplicity and convenience of this feature with the Mamba X Series Electronic Speed Controllers (ESC). In short, the auxiliary wire is an extra wire that, when connected to an open channel on your radio, allows users to take advantage of on-the-fly adjustments (using your transmitter) that would otherwise be modified or set using the Castle Link Programming Suite. The feature is enabled through the Castle Link Programming system and one mode may be selected at a time. Several modes are available for on-the-fly programming.
DATA LOGGING – AN INCREDIBLY POWERFUL PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT AND OPTIMAZATION TOOL
Data Logging enhancements include doubling the logging capacity and adding the ability for users to erase the data log utilizing the auxiliary switch. Enabling the data logging feature will maximize performance and setup optimization. Who hasn’t wondered if they’re pulling more amps than their battery can put out or been baffled by battery usage? Data Logging will record important power system information during use, turn-by-turn. Once the data is uploaded to the Castle Link Graph Viewer, users can view and analyze parameters such as battery voltage, battery ripple voltage, amp draw, motor rpm, and controller temperature. Ensuring a setup is performing within its limits is imperative to a healthy power system. The new Castle Quick Connect Duo (sold separately) offers users access to both wires into the single Castle Link connection, without opening the receiver box! The Quick Connect Duo detects the presence of a Castle Link adapter on the free lead and will then will switch the controller's signal line from the receiver to the Castle Link.
Software Enhancements – Telemetry Ready (Futaba S.BUS® T4PX transmitter compatibility coming soon!!)
Additional software enhancements include the addition of Link Live™ to the Mamba XL X capabilities. This feature, when enabled, will allow users to experience real-time telemetry data such as battery voltage, battery current and ESC temperature. Compatibility with the Futaba S.BUS® T4PX transmitter is coming soon and this controller is READY!
INDUSTRY LEADING SOFTWARE FUNCTIONS
Your Mamba XL X purchase includes a redeemable coupon for a free Castle Link USB device. This allows access to the full programming suite of adjustable settings that tune and tweak your vehicle to your preferences, resulting in an incredible RC driving experience.
Additional Castle Link benefits include:
- Access to all firmware updates, including added features sets released from Castle Engineering at no charge.
- Intuitive Demo Mode
- Ability to save basic to complex setup profiles for later use
- The Castle Link adapter works on ALL of the Castle products that feature Castle Link programmability – no need to worry about compatibility or which version you have.
Mamba XL X ESC Specs
- Part Number: 010-0140-00
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 3S LiPo; MAX: 8S LiPo
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable from 5V to 8.4V (20A peak), default 5.5V
- On/Off Switch: No
- ESC Cooling Fan: Yes, included (part # 011-0100-00 40mm Replacement Fan)
- Size: L: 122.23mm, W: 52.38mm, H: 69.85mm
- Weight (w/o battery connector soldered to ESC): 0.65 lb; 10.4 oz (ESC only)
Mamba XL X ESC with Castle 2028-800Kv Brushless Motor Specs
- Part Number: 010-0142-00
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 3S LiPo; MAX: 8S LiPo (See Application Guidelines)
- Motor Size: Length: 113.2mm, Diameter (w/fins): 57mm, Shaft size: 8mm; 30mm long
- Motor Weight: 44 oz.
- Motor Mounting Hole Specifications: 4mm @ 30mm
- Max RPM: 45,000
(MODE 1) ARES V-HAWK X4 RTF
The Ares Z-Line V-Hawk X4 is designed for pilots who are looking for a unique flying experience — the ability to take off vertically like a helicopter or quadcopter and transition to flying like an airplane.
This flying transition is made easy with the use of a pre-installed, innovative flight control board and pre-assembled rotating motor nacelles.
With just the flip of a channel switch on your transmitter the motor nacelles rotate.
As they do, the flight controller automatically changes the programming from flying like a quad to flying like an airplane with elevon controls.
Simply flip the switch back to return to quad-flying mode.
The V-Hawk X4 is available in two versions that incorporate the reliable new Hitec Red 2.4GHz radio protocol that's compatible with most Hitec systems already on the market.
Choose either Ready-To-Fly (including a Hitec Red-enabled transmitter and receiver) or Pair-To-Fly (packaged with a Hitec Red receiver that’s compatible with your existing Hitec transmitter).
In addition to the RTF and PTF versions, the V-Hawk is also available in RFR (Ready-For-Receiver) form for customers who already have their own radio system.
The V-Hawk X4’s durable EPO airframe comes nearly 100% pre-assembled and includes all four BL motors, four BL ESCs, a control board with stabilization, two 9g servos, one 17g MG servo, and even a 1300mAh 4S Li-Po battery (4S charger not included).
The only assembly you’ll have to complete is gluing on the tail, and even the glue is included!
So, if you’re ready to take on the adventure of an airplane capable of performing vertical take-offs and landings (VTOL), and short take-offs and landings (STOL), the Ares Z-Line V-Hawk X4 is the airplane for you.
- Arrives painted and trimmed in eye-catching US Marines scheme.
- innovative flight control board allows the V-Hawk to take off vertically, fly like a gyro stabilized quad, then transition to forward flight and revert to elevon control.
- Rotating motor nacelles allow you to fly from the smallest of spaces.
- Almost 98% built, right out of the box - just add the tail fin (glue included).
- A potentially superb FPV platform.
- Wingspan: 27.5" (696mm)
- Wing Area: 241 sq. in.
- Length: 33" (838mm)
- All-up weight: 31oz (880g)
- Battery: 4s (16.8V) 1300mAh LiPo
- Servos: 2 x 9g and 1 x 17g metal gear
- Motors: 4 x 2730 kV brushless
- Propellers: 8" diameter (2 x clockwise, 2 x counterclockwise)
- ESCs: 4 x 12A brushless
What's in the Box
- 1 x Factory assembled V-Hawk X4 airframe (less fin).
- 1 x IKONNIK KA-6 6-channel 2.4GHz Hitec Red transmitter.
- 1 x KA-6 6-channel Hitec Red receiver (RTF and PTF version only).
- 1 x 1300mAh 4S (16.8V) Li-Po battery.
- 1 x Fin moulding.
- 2 x propeller set (including dome spinner nuts and adapters).
- 1 x Plug-in undercarriage and wheel set.
- 1 x Tube of foam-friendly adhesive.
- 1 x Quick-Start Guide.
SEA231 - MONOCOUPE 110 SPECIAL 33CC - Spirit of Dynamite colour scheme
The Monocoupe 110 Special variant of 1931 was built to meet the needs of racing pilots.
The wingspan was shortened from the standard 32 ft to 23 ft and a 125 hp Warner Scarab radial was installed.
Wheel spats and fairings were also added which helped raise the maximum speed from 150 mph to 220 mph.
The aircraft flew displays until 1981 and was then donated to the National Air and Space Museum in Washington DC.
The Seagull Monocoupe 110 Special 2032mm is an accurate scale model of the original.
It is built from high quality lightweight balsa and plywood construction
It is small enough for easy transportation.
This model has a complete high-quality hardware package included and an adjustable EP motor box for electric conversion (power 110 or power 60B-470 Kv)
Wing area: 79.7 sq.dm
Weight: 6.0-6.2 kg
Engine: 33-38cc gasoline
Minimum 6 Channel Radio with 6 servos
Covered with Genuine Oracover
Here is the brand new JU87 Stuka 20cc from Phoenix Models.
It comes 95% factory built and loaded with plenty of scale detail and as you can see, it really looks the part.
Constructed from light weight, high quality balsa and ply and covered with Genuine Oracover film.
Painted fibreglass cowel and wheel spats.
Perfect for a wide range of 20cc engines or electric power.
- Wingspan: 1910mm
- Length: 1522mm
- Flying weight: 4.9-5.4 kg
- Wing area: 60.4 dm2
- Wing loading: 81g/dm2
- Wing type: Naca airfoils
- Gear type: Scale main gear and spring wire for tail gear (included)
- Spinner size: 90mm (included)
- Radio: 6 channel minimum (not included)
- Servo: 9 standard servo: 2 aileron; 4 Flap;1 elevator; 1 rudder; 1 throttle (not included)
- Recommended receiver battery: 4.8-6V / 1200-2000mAh NiMH (not included)
- Servo mount: 21mm x 42 mm
- Engine: 20cc Gas, 1.20 2 or 4-stroke glow
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Plane type: Scale
Recommended electric motor and battery set up
- Motor: brushless outrunner 1600-2200 W, 450 KV (not included)
- Esc: 120-160A (not included)
- Lipo cell: 5-6 cells / 6000mAh (not included)
23rd December 2015
FILL IN THIS ENTRY FORM TO JOIN THE FUN...
12th October 2015
6th October 2015
We (Hitec) release Maxi...
10th September 2015
17th July 2015